By now, your spray tan has worn off, your hair gel has dried out, your poof has flattened out, and your bicep has definitely increased in size from all the fist pumping. Tonight marks the beginning of the end for MTV’s Jersey Shore. After 6 polarizing, drama filled, seasons, the crew is stepping away.
We had a great ride Jersey Shore cast and along with it were more than enough memorable moments. I figured it’s way too cliche to do a memorable moments recap, so I’m doing a “Jersey Shore Left Us With” list.
5) It’s sad, but really really funny that from here on out, everytime we hear the word situation used in any sentence, we’ll think about this guy:
Really dude? The fact that you can honestly, with a stoned face, introduce yourself as “The Situation” easily puts you in the Top 5.
4) GRENADES, LANDMINES, OH MY! All I can say is, this will forever live in infamy.
THE GRENADE WHISTLE!!!!!
3) Pauly D’s OH YEAH, T SHIRT TIME, CABS ARE HERE, BURGERS FOR THE BOYS. I swear to the holy ghost, probably the most annoying, yet one of the most addicting catch phrases in all of MTV Reality Show history.
2) TWO WORDS: FIST PUMPING. Enough said
1) GYM, TAN, LAUNDRY. Might be the greatest contribution Jersey Shore has ever left in pop culture history. I swear this became a way of life for more than a third of my high school. Can’t say I’m mad at it, at least they’re in shape, they’re dark, and they wear clean clothes! GTL for Life
John Vincent is a blogger, entrepreneur, and social media strategist. A retired sneakerhead and men’s wear aficionado, he’s currently the creative director of the up and coming clothing line, Arevalo & Co. He’s a biased 90s hip-hop head and a die hard NY Knicks fan. For his daily rants and words of wisdom, follow him on twitter at @johnvince_.