1. Doug – “Killerrrrr Tofu!” Don’t tell me your were a kid in the 90s and don’t remember The Beets and Doug Funnie. Along with his cucumber-look-alike best friend Skeeter, his long time crush Patti Mayonnaise, and the leather jacket-wearing bully Roger Klotz. We got to follow Doug on his move from Bloatsburg to Bluffington and watch all of his new experiences in his new town. This colorful cast would have looked great on our skins.
2. Rugrats – I know that my night ended everyday with that 7:30 PM episode of Rugrats, from the time I was born probably until I was at least 10. I know many of you also grew up with the Rugrats and then literally grew up alongside Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, Lil, and Angelica in Rugrats All Grown Up. I would most definitely have decorated my phone with the cast of this classic cartoon about being a baby.
3. Hey Arnold – “Move it football head!” This line will live in infamy along with Helga’s nickname for her secret love Arnold. Nothing beats a cartoon about a group of kids living in the big city, especially with a group that had kids like “Stoop Kid” and “Stinky” as a part of it, AND episodes like the scary one about the haunted train conductor! I still remember that one. Anyways, it seems like Arnold’s football head would fit perfectly on a laptop skin.
4. Powderpuff Girls – These three butt kicking kindergarteners, Blossom, Buttercup, and Bubbles are no joke. I remember watching these girls fight villains like monkey turned evil master mind Mojo Jojo. Each of their respective colors and personalities turned them almost into the cartoon version of the Spice Girls. Blossom was the pink-wearing smart one, Buttercup was the green-wearing tough one, and Bubbles was the blue-wearing slightly airheaded one. Which one would you be? Or decorate your electronics with?
5. Daria – This smart, cynical teen was the epitome of 90s teenager. This cartoon was for the more mature crowd and showcased every single teenage stereotype perfectly without any censor. From the moody teen, to the airhead cheerleader, to the trendsetting wannabe, each one had their own character. I’d put Daria on my phone, as long as I could get one of her classic quotes along with it like, “Isn’t modeling for people who drop out of high school to pursue a career based solely on youth and looks, both of which are inevitably declared dead at age 25?”
Honorable Mentions -
We couldn’t leave out some of our favorites that we DO have as skins. Here’s classics that are being brought back. Beavis and Butthead by MTV and TMNT by Nickelodeon, so we can still enjoy these favorites on TV today.
Beavis and Butthead
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Sarah Rzasa is a writer and a self proclaimed pretend social media guru. She spends most of her time hopelessly plotting how she can turn her life into an episode of Sex and the City over a coconut iced coffee. Follow her on twitter for a series of embarrassing quotes and life moment.