I was able to catch up with pop punk band This Century about their release of their newest single Bleach Blonde. You may know this Arizona band from their hit single Sound Of Fire and their extremely catchy cover of Paper Planes on the famous Punk Goes… compilation album series. Sean Silverman, the band’s guitarist, was nice enough to answer some questions I and some fans had on the band’s upcoming plans.
- What sound can we expect to hear on this new album?
This record is going to sound like the summer anthem. Lots of dancing and good times to be had.
- What has been the response to your new song, Bleach Blonde?
There’s been an amazing response to the song, possibly better than we had originally expected. Lots of videos being posted and positive reaction.
- You’ve established yourself as good friends with bands such as The Maine, how has that worked in your favor?
It’s always nice to have the opportunity to perform with your friends and get to share those experiences. The guys in The Maine have always been wonderful to us.
- Bleach Blonde is definitely a summer tune, what are your summer plans as of right now?
We’re working on finishing up a music video for the song and then have plans to tour as the summer moves forward. Look for us on the road soon!
- You have a very close relationship with your fans and often have online chats with fans. Recently, you’ve held chat sessions with several countries, can international fans expect tours soon?
Absolutely. We would love nothing more than to play in all of the places around the world that we’ve been so fortunate to meet fans from. It’s crazy because in the U.S. fans are fortunate enough to see their favorite bands all the time, but when you head overseas, the anticipation is so much greater on both ends and that’s something we’ve always wanted to be a part of.
- What’s in the future of This Century?
We’ve got a lot planned for the rest of 2012 going in to 2013…new record, new tours, new videos, new everything…gearing up for a lot to come!
- Fan question: In a fight between Joel and John O’Callaghan of The Maine, who would win?
Joel has packed on some muscle, that being said John is a giant so we’ll call it a draw!
- Fan question: If each member was a Harry Potter character, who would they be?
I think we would all be Ron at different stages of development
- Fan question: If the band hadn’t worked out, where would your lives be now?
Probably homeless, playing on street corners
- Fan question: Plans for a Canadian tour?
We would love to tour Canada. We’ve had such a wonderful response there and can’t wait to go back!
- Fan question: Will you rerelease Indigo Girl on your next album?
Probably not but we did release an acoustic version that everyone can check out!
- Fan question: How would you describe the direction that This Century’s music is taking?
We’re going for a larger than life sound…we want to see how far we can push our music and our live show to make it a unique experience
Keep a lookout for the music video following This Century’s hit song, Bleach Blonde, and their new album which will be out very soon! Check out the song here, and make it your summer anthem!