This week’s Under the Covers is all about the Biebs and his newest single “As Long As You Love Me.” We’re bringing out the great, the beautiful, and the goofy as we pick our top favorite covers of Justin Bieber’s hit.
1. Anthem Lights ft. Manwell of G1C – I’m sorry. I need a minute. Because that cover was one of the most beautiful things I’ve ever heard. Whoever had the idea to put 5 beautiful men with great hair in one Justin Bieber cover really knew what they were doing. Not to mention they could actually sing and harmonize and make it all fit together perfectly. Not to mention they are from Tennessee, which means they probably have southern accents. Not to mention the guy rapping KILLED Big Sean’s part. I’m dead.
2. MattyBRaps – I pretty sure this kid is going to show up on every cover countdown I create because I just can’t help it. Look at him. Pure gold. He’s like baby Bieber, and he can rap extremely well for an 8 year old (he’s probably 8 right?). As much as he’s trying to look like a badass, he’s still just super cute.
3. Alex G ft Jameson Bass – I may be partial because Alex has done a few covers with my boyfriend Alex Goot (okay, maybe he’s not my boyfriend and I’m just a creep WHATEVER), but that doesn’t make this cover any less beautiful. We love the acoustic element, it makes the song really raw. Although points lost for no rapping, but I guess it doesn’t really fit the acoustic style she was going for.
4. CIMORELLI – I’m still attempting to understand what this was. A PSA? A music video? Let me say this first, I’m all for the don’t text and drive message, so don’t text and drive. But, who are these girls? And why are they in the mountains? I guess they can sing, and the one who rapped was pretty good. They just looked a little silly, just a little.
5. BarelyPolitical – This may be one of the other greatest things I’ve ever seen. See we started with 100% perfect and beautiful and we’re ending with 100% hilarious. LOL at how the song would really go if the Biebs met up his girl’s father. See the real story.
Sarah Rzasa is a writer and a self proclaimed pretend social media guru. She spends most of her time hopelessly plotting how she can turn her life into an episode of Sex and the City over a coconut iced coffee. Follow her on twitter for a series of embarrassing quotes and life moment.